Are you lucky enough to be in Jackson, Wyoming for Labor Day Weekend this year? Celebrate the beautiful weather and seasonal events with this five-day itinerary. If you need help planning your trip -- check out some of the summer vacation packages we offer. You can even give us a call at (888) 838-6606 to get some firsthand knowledge from our wonderful staff.
- The 5th Annual Million Pound Party: This fundraiser benefits Hole Food Rescue, features a pig roast cooking competition for some of the top chefs in Jackson Hole. Hosted at the beautiful Jackson Hole Center for the Arts and featuring many family-friendly activities, don't miss this feel-good local favorite.
- Jackson Hole Shootout: The Shootout takes place Monday-Saturday at 6:00pm on the Jackson Town Square. This is a lively reenactment of frontier justice.
- National Museum of Wildlife Art: Located across from the National Elk Refuge on the edge of town you will experience artworks representing wild animals from around the world. The National Museum of Wildlife Art offers a variety of ways to experience our wildlife art with many exhibits, collections, and a sculpture trail.
- Snow King Mountain Resort: Big King Pass is a great way to experience summer fun. This one-day pass includes the Treetop Adventure and unlimited rides on all open activities including the Cowboy Coaster, Mini-Golf, Alpine Slide, Amaze’n Maze, Bungee Trampoline and Scenic Chairlift!
- Farmers Market: Look for local farmers, ranchers, and specialty food companies showcasing their wares for the weekly Farmers Market in Town Square. Be there first to get the best selection of produce, locally raised beef, baked goods, and other prepared foods.
- Fish The Snake River: September is considered the best month to fish the Snake River, so hire a guide with the Wandering Angler and spend the rest of the afternoon catching our famous Fine Spotted Cutthroat Trout
- Rodeo: Labor Day weekend also marks the end of the rodeo season in Jackson Hole. These are real cowboys and girls who are competing for cash money, so their last weekend to compete promises to see some of the best performances of the season.
- Brunch Near Town Square: Sleep in and go to brunch at Silver Dollar Grill at the Wort Hotel for “only in Jackson Hole” specialties like Wild Game Skillet or the Ranch Hand. Located less than one block from the Town Square this is a great opportunity for people watching and absorbing the western downtown area.
- Hiking With A Guide: After fueling up for your day, head out on the trail with the Hole Hiking Experience. Soak up the last rays of sun during the “unofficial” end of summer. September is also a great time to go hiking due to slightly cooler temperatures and more active wildlife. You will have a greater opportunity to see the more elusive critters like bear and moose.
- Sunday Funday: Head to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort's Bike Park for an afternoon of activities, live music, and competitions. Enter the Sunday Bike Park Challenge or disc golf tournament for a chance to win prizes.
- Grand Adventure Park & Aerial Tram: Take advantage of your extra day this weekend and head out to Teton Village to explore the Grand Adventure Park at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Let your inner adventurer run wild on the ropes course, climbing wall, bike park (bike rental not included), and bungee trampoline. Once you’ve had enough adrenaline, crown the weekend with a trip to the top of Rendezvous Mountain aboard the Aerial Tram and take in the views of the valley that’s got everything for the outdoor junkie!
- Birds in The Park: The Teton Raptor Center is a great way to learn about the avian wildlife in our diverse community! Check out all the opportunities available while you're in town for Labor Day, or throughout the year. Be sure to check out their program and events calendar for some of the many adventures they are offering off-site or by reservation.
Happy travels! If you need assistance with planning any of these fun activities, just give our local travel experts a call at (888) 838-6606 or check out our vacation packages online.