Cross Country Skiing
Take in the amazing views and abundant winter wildlife on a cross-country ski tour of Jackson Hole's wilderness.
Book Today! Click below to view cross country skiing partners and options:
You'll glide through snow-covered meadows and take in some of the area's most beautiful views. Watch winter wildlife and learn…Book
Jackson Hole Eco Tour Wildlife Adventures lives up to its name by offering guests the opportunity to take part in many of the most…Book
Cross country skiing provides an incredible, low impact workout and also allows you a grand opportunity to explore the pristine winter ecology of Grand Teton National Park and surrounding national forest land in Jackson Hole. Observe the winter forest in solitude and tranquility as you glide through beautiful alpine meadows with an experienced Jackson Hole cross country skiing guide.
Cross Country ski tours are available for Jackson visitors of all ages and ability levels. They are a fantastic way to escape the crowds and get some fresh air and exercise. What makes these tours unique is that your guides are professional naturalists who have a comprehensive understanding of ecology and the Teton Valley's environment. Cross Country ski tours in Jackson are the perfect "skis-on" opportunity to combine some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country with a learning experience about what makes the Jackson Hole region so unique.
Where to Go Cross Country Skiing Near Jackson Hole
- Grand Teton National Park: A popular cross country winter tour is to Jenny Lake and back.
- Shooting Star Nordic Track: Located on the Teton Village road, minutes from Teton Village this track spans 15 kilometers, with many terrain options and a dog-friendly loop.
- Teton Pines Cross Country Ski Center: Just 4 miles south of Teton Village on the Moose-Wilson Road, you'll find 16 kilometers of groomed trails with ample opportunity for wildlife sightings.
- Grand Targhee: The Grand Targhee ski resort offers a dedicated, groomed track for nordic and cross country skiers.
- Trail Creek Nordic Center: This is a popular cross country ski area located at the base of Teton Pass.
- Emily's Pond: In between Wilson and Jackson, this is a great place for a relaxed day of cross country skiing along the Snake River.
Cross Country Skiing Guides & Ski Rentals in Jackson
Cross country ski rentals are available at a variety of local ski shops throughout Jackson Hole, or at the pro shop at Snow King, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Grand Targhee. Guided cross country ski trips always provide all necessary gear to enjoy a day of cross country skiing. Guided trips are available for private parties or large groups and Jackson Hole cross country guides can accommodate all ages and skill levels for half day, full day or extended backcounty ski adventures.
An insider's guide to Nordic skiing in Jackson Hole.More Info
Need to plan a trip that pleases the skiers in your group but also thrills non-skiers as well? Come to Jackson Hole and try our picks for the top 10 winter activities for non-skiers.More Info
Save up to $300 per person when you book your trip to Jackson Hole.
Now is the time to book! January is experiencing record-breaking snowfall - more than 130”. Whether you're a family of four, a…More Info