Hole Hiking Experience
Explore Jackson Hole and the surrounding wild areas with expert naturalists. Let the experts show you the best views, wildlife and Jackson Hole adventure on foot! The Hole Hiking Experience offers a variety of excursions for all ability levels.
Take the family on a nature walk, hike to hot springs or summit a peak!
The Explorer - Perfect for families
- Butterfly nets and activity books for the kids
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- All levels, customized to their interests and ability- can also be combined with rafting or fishing
- 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. (times vary due to sunlight) an evening hike/ picnic for an additional $18 per person.
Sunrise Wildlife and Walk - Grand Teton Park / Nature Walk Shadow Mountain
- 6:00 a.m. to noon- morning wildlife tour then nature walk on Shadow Mountain within wildlife habitat
- Amazing photo opportunities and unparalleled Teton Views
- All levels
The Trekker - Ideal for people who can spend a bit more time outdoors:
- 8:00 a.m. until mid-afternoon
- All levels, customized to their interests and ability
The Mountaineer - An all day excursion
- Summit a peak or spend all day in the mountains
- 8:00 a.m. until late afternoon/early evening
- Moderate to active, customized to their interests and abilities
Wings and Walk Tour - Perfect for families
- Morning hike with a naturalist near Teton Pass or Munger Mountain, then visit to Teton Raptor Center to see birds and possible demonstration flight
- Lunch included (hiking location based on time of year and group's fitness level)
- 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. / available Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Granite Hot Springs - Hike and Soak Tour
- A scenic hike along Granite Creek, a soak in the hot springs, and a picnic lunch
- 8a.m.-3p.m. Bring bathing suit & towel
- Ability level- easy walk along creek- about 1.5 miles one way
- May, June, September and October are the most ideal months due to cooler air temperatures.