Jackson Hole pulls out all the stops for New Year’s Eve. Even with amazing snow conditions, Jackson-ites celebrate New Year’s with the best of them and still get up for first chair the next day! Will you be joining the celebration this year? If you will be in Jackson Hole, then here are a few ideas for ringing in the arrival of 2018. We'll keep this post updated with new information as details come in!
Torchlight Parades & Fireworks
All three area ski resorts celebrate the New Year with torchlight parades and fireworks on December 31, 2017.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Prior to the Torchlight Parade, children can participate in the Glow Worm Parade! Perfect for kids up to 14 years old, the glow worm parade meets at 4:45 p.m. by the Sweetwater Gondola and substitutes glow sticks for torch lights. The main Torchlight Parade begins at 6 p.m. and will be followed by fireworks. After the fireworks, head over to the Gondi-Gala for an amazing party at the top of Bridger Gondola. There will be live music from Whiskey Mornin' plus dancing and a champagne toast!
Snow King Mountain
Snow King will celebrate 2018 with a torchlight parade and fireworks from 7 - 8 p.m. Participants can gather at 6:45 in the Snow King Lodge Room and the chair lift will being loading at 7 p.m. If you are staying in downtown Jackson, WY, then this is a convenient option for ringing in the New Year.
If you're skiing or staying at nearby Grand Targhee Resort, then the Grand Targhee parade and fireworks display runs from 4 - 8 p.m. The events kick-off with a kids torchlight parade, followed by the main event with fireworks! After the parade, enjoy a drink at the Trap Bar & Grill or sit down to a savory four-course prix fixe dinner at the Branding Iron Grill.
New Year's Eve Live Music & Parties
Check back here on Facebook for updates on New Year's Eve Live Music & Parties in Jackson Hole! As parties and performers are announced, we will be adding them here. Here are a few of the most exciting events taking place to bid adieu to this year.
- The Trap, in nearby Grand Targhee, is a great place for Jackson Hole visitors to kick back after a day of skiing and enjoy some awesome live music. This New Year's Eve Rock Creek Band will dive into a set of classic rock anthems. The band will get the crowd's vocal cords fired up for cheering come midnight. Come close out 2017 at this local favorite bar and grill.
- New Year's Eve wouldn't quite be complete without some dancing and few genres of music are readymade to get your body moving like electronica. This December 31st the party comes to the Pink Garter Theatre, a regular stop for many iconic national touring acts right in downtown Jackson Hole. The Crystal Method, one of the country's most enduring electronic acts, celebrate the twentieth anniversary of their debut album, Vegas, and help the crowd ring out the old and dance in the new.
- The always popular Wort Hotel in Jackson Hole is saying goodbye to the past year with the help of local reggae act Chanman Roots Band. Show up to shake some tailfeather. Then stick around for the midnight toast, complete with party favors!
- The Mangy Moose has seen some true legends grace its stage, like Taj Mahal, Little Feat, Victor Wooten, and even the Reverend Horton Heat. On New Year's Eve, Uncle Stack and the Attack join a proud tradition of getting butts out of seats at this venue where the decor is already half the fun. Purveyors of great grub and good times, revelers at the Mangy Moose will have a Jackson Hole holiday to remember.
- Located directly on Town Square, the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is considered a local "institution" and offers a time as lively and larger than life as the name itself. Celebrate the new year with venue favorites the Most Wanted Band. Hop into the saddle (you won't find a barstool here) and order up an amazing New Year's Eve party.
Wherever you find yourself on January 1, 2018, we wish you a New Year full of adventure!
-The Central Reservations Team-