Jackson Hole Seasonal Road Closures
The following is updated information on our area road closures.
Grand Teton National Park
- The Teton Park Road closes to traffic from November 1st through April 30th. The road is closed between Taggart Lake Trailhead and Signal Mountain Lodge.
- The Signal Mountain Summit Road and the Moose-Wilson Road (from Death Canyon Trailhead to Granite Canyon Trailhead) close between November 1st and mid-May each year. Exact opening dates depend on weather conditions.
- Other Grand Teton National Park Roads are closed seasonally based on local conditions.
- Visit Grand Teton National Park's road update page for the latest information.
Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone National Park has five entrance stations, the closest entrance to Jackson Hole is the South Entrance.
- From early November through late April, all roads south through the park are closed to motorized vehicles, including the road to Old Faithful.
- If you would like to explore the park during the winter, then learn more about Yellowstone snowmobile and snowcoach tours.
Granite Hot Springs in Bridger-Teton National Forest
- The gravel road leading to Granite Hot Springs and campground is open seasonally depending on local conditions.
- During the winter months, the road is closed to vehicles and the hot springs are only accessible via snowmobile, dog sled, skiing, or fat tire biking.
- Learn more about things to do in Jackson Hole this winter, including snowmobile and dog sled tours.
- For more information about road conditions and visiting Granite Hot Springs, visit the Bridger-Teton National Forest website.
Additional Road Conditions
- For other area road condition information, visit the Wyoming Department of Transportation website.
- If you're traveling to or from Idaho, the Idaho Department of Transportation will have information on road closures in that state.
- Visit Utah's Department of Transportation website has helpful information for road conditions in that state.
Save up to $300 per person when you book your trip to Jackson Hole.
Now is the time to book! With over 400 inches of snowfall this winter Jackson Hole will be the place to be this Spring. Whether…More Info
Try guided activities and tours for a more rewarding Jackson Hole experience.More Info
Check out this post by one of our team members about his trip out to Granite Hot Springs last winter! Book your snowmobile adventure today!More Info