Checked baggage for travel within the U.S.
Tickets issued on/after August 31, 2018: We’re increasing first and second checked bag fees on Caribbean, Central and North America United and United Express-operated flights. Tickets that are voluntarily reissued on/after August 31, 2018 will also be subject to the new bag fees.
- $30 for the first checked bag
- $40 for the second checked bag
Each bag must measure no more the 62 linear inches or weigh more than 50 pounds or additional fees will be incurred.
1 item of ski equipment:
- Up to 2 pairs of snow skis and associated equipment in 1 bag and 1 ski boot bag (Note: If ski boot bag contains other items in addition to or in place of boots, it will be subject to applicable baggage fees or excess baggage fees.)
- 1 set of ski equipment is allowed in place of one checked bag.
- If more than one set of ski equipment is checked, each additional set of equipment (as outlined above) will be counted as one special item, and the associated fee(s) will apply.
- If combined weight of ski bag and boot bag exceed 50 pounds (23 kg), an overweight fee applies.
- If ski bag measures more than 62 inches (157 cm) and/or contains other items in addition to or in place of ski equipment, an oversized fee applies.
Please note: United Airlines is not liable for damage to water skis or snow skis. Excess valuation may not be purchased for water or snow skiing equipment or wakeboards.
Carry-on baggage policies for all United travel
For worldwide travel on any United flight, you may carry on one bag and one personal item such as a large shoulder bag, large backpack, briefcase, laptop bag or an item of similar size. Your carry-on bag:
- Must fit under your seat or in the overhead bin;
- Must not be more than 9 x 14 x 22 inches (23 x 35 x 56 cm) or 45 linear inches* (114 linear cm); and
- May be required to travel as checked baggage if the bag cannot be safely stowed on your flight.